Today Samsung finally launched its much awaited 2016 edition of its popular J-series smartphones (Galaxy J7 and Galaxy J5) in India including the signature ‘Make for India’ innovations that make J-series the most differentiated offering in the affordable segment.
There is a slight difference between this compact design from its predecessors. The new design comes with an upgraded display and a stylish metal frame.
As per the ‘Make for India’ initiative, Samsung India introduced the S-Bike Mode and its innovative Ultra Data Saving (UDS) Mode for the cost-effective 4G experience and allows users to save up to 50% mobile data through compression technology and by restricting background data consumption from apps.
About S-Bike Mode : A dedicated bike mode that lets consumers ‘ride tension free’ while encouraging responsible riding. This was based on the insight that two-wheeler riders receive a lot of unimportant calls and notifications while riding. The S Bike Mode’s urgent call alert system notifies callers through an automated answering machine that the user is riding and is unavailable to take calls. However, callers have the option to press 1 in case the call is urgent. As a safety feature, the in-built motion lock ensures that the rider has to come to a halt before they can answer the call.
Key specs of both devices:
- Galaxy J5 2016 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.2 GHz Quad Core processor while Galaxy J7 2016 has an upgraded Exynos 1.6 GHz Octa Core processor.
- Both the devices have an upgraded 2 GB RAM for smoother & seamless multitasking.
- The Galaxy J5 2016 internal memory has been expanded to 16 GB which matches the Galaxy J7.
- Both devices support expandable memory up to 128GB to ensure consumers never run out of space.
- The battery backup has been expanded on both devices with the Galaxy J7 2016 sporting an impressive 3,300 mAh and the Galaxy J5 2016 with a 3,100 mAh battery.
- Galaxy J7 & Galaxy J5 2016 will have the latest Android Marshmallow out of the box.
- It also comes with an awesome 13MP primary camera and a 5MP secondary camera with additional modes and features.
- The gaming experience on both the phones becomes better as compared to its predecessor.
Both Samsung Galaxy J7 and J5 2016 launched with a reasonable price at INR 15,990 and INR 13,990, respectively and will be available in 3 colour options – Gold, Black and White.
From May 10th 2016 onwards, these devices will be available exclusively on Flipkart. They will also have a double data operator from Airtel for up to six months that will allow consumers to get up to 30GB of free data.
Here is the link to buy both the devices: